From the founder
As a professional guitarist, I wanted an amp that had the following attributes:
- Great clean tone.
- Great edge-of-breakup tone.
- Great lead overdrive tone.
- Great spring reverb.
- Simple interface.
- Not too heavy to carry around.
- Enough volume for any gig, but doesn't need to be cranked to sound good.
- Low noise and reliable.
- Takes pedals very well, but sufficiently versatile to provide a range of tones from Jazz to Rock without requiring pedals.
- An amp for life: All analogue design using high quality components that will never go obsolete, ensuring the amp will always be easily serviceable and repairable.
I was never able to find such an amp on the market. Other amps always seemed to fall short on at least one of the points above. Having established that there was no amp in the market that satisfied me, I had no choice but to design and build my own. Luckily I also had exactly the right skill set to make it happen. I am a professional guitarist, have a PhD in mathematics, have many years of experience in audio electronics, and have worked as an engineer in Silicon Valley for one of the biggest tech companies.
My amps are made by me, in my workshop in North London. The cabinets are also handmade locally by a skilled carpenter. Each amp undergoes rigorous testing in my lab to ensure it will provide a lifetime of reliable service. My products are of unsurpassed quality, and I stand by that statement by offering a Limited Lifetime Warranty.